Driver – Samos
Project: MSF Europe Migration
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Driving Licence category B and C
- Essential secondary education
- Good knowledge of Samos’ roads
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs
- English language is mandatory – Greek would be considered an asset
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and Cover Letter in English quoting reference code “Driver ” in the subject line of the e-mail at:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing Date: 17/10/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.