HR Officer – Ioannina
Job Title: HR Officer
Department: Human Resources
Salary: L4; S1-S7
Period: 01/11/2021 – 31/12/2021
1. Background/ASB Summary:
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp. Since 2018, ASB Greece was in charge of supporting five accommodation sites in the Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filippiada, Konica (closed in 2018), Doliana (closed in 2021) and Ag. Eleni). In 2019, ASB with the funding of the Directorate – General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Union (DG HOME) and in coordination with IOM implemented the “Improving the Greek Reception System Through Site Management Support and Targeted Interventions in Long – Term Accommodation Sites” project. The project focused on Site Management Support (SMS) services and includes Protection and Non-Formal Education. In 2020/21 ASB with the funding of the Directorate – General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Union (DG HOME) and in coordination with IOM will implement the Program “Supporting the Greek Authorities in Managing the National Reception System for Asylum Seekers and Vulnerable Migrants (SMS)”. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki, while the Epirus regional office is in Ioannina.
2. Job Overview/Summary:
The HR Officer supports the HR department and reports towards the HR Manager. S/he is an essential part of the Operations team, in line with ASB and Donors regulations. Based in Ioannina, the HR Officer is responsible for providing human resources administrative support and guidance for the ASB staff in Northern Greece, and act as focal point for day to day HR administrative tasks for them.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists HR Manager on the recruitment cycle
- Supports the HR Manager on Training and Development
- Supports the HR Manager in preparing and processing monthly payroll Files and archives HR related documents
3. Specific Tasks
- Screening and shortlisting candidates based on defined objective criteria and ASB Guidelines and discuss these with the responsible line manager.
- Managing all communication channels used by ASB Greece to distribute the vacancies in cooperation with the Communication and Engagement Officers
- Contacting structured interviews (face to face, skype/Microsoft Teams, phone interviews), assigned by HR Manager
- Sending conditional offers and collecting hiring documentation including reference background checks
- Informing unsuccessful applicants (rejection letters)
- Updating job descriptions and interview grids
- Maintaining the recruitment database
Training & Development
- Scheduling and delivering On-Boarding Induction Training
- Conducting training activities and providing administrative follow-up
- Collecting all the relevant information regarding schedules, overtimes, payroll cumulative trackers
- Liaising with payroll provider to gather all relevant data on time and updating the provider with all relevant employment issues.
- Actively involved in the verification of the payroll process.
- Keeping and updating all HR files according to policy and legal requirements. (Hiring documentation Timesheets, trainings, appraisals etc.)
- Tracking and monitoring staff leaves, overtime, teleworking, and public holidays
- Assuring that all required administrative formalities are respected (staff contract registration, social security registration, medical insurance registration, etc.)
- Liaising with the HR Manager in monitoring and coordinate timely contract renewals, preparation of ASB ID cards, hiring and termination letters.
- Monitoring of staff care aspects (Occupational doctor, Safety Technician, Private insurance etc.)
- Responsible to facilitate HR processes management and accuracy of the data.
- Involved in monthly Donor Reporting activities.
- Holding the responsibility for monthly HR Reports
- Assisting in internal/external audits
- Occasional visits to sites/camps
- Any other task as required by the HR Manager
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns.
- Fully comply with the ASB HR procedures.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
4. Reports to:
HR Manager (Technically)
Operations Coordinator (Functionally)
5. Staff Management:
a. Directly: None
b. Indirectly: None
Base Operations Staff (Logisticians, Finance Officers, HR/Admin Officers. IT Officers, Head of Office)
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in Business administration/Human Resources Management or other related study.
- Master’s degree in human resources management will be an asset
- Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience as an HR Officer/Generalist, with at least one (1) year of experience working with NGOs, ideally at a HR/Administration position.
- Experience working with HR ERPs will be considered a plus
- Fluency in both Greek and English is a must;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, including advanced use of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deal with strict deadlines and to handle pressure
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to improvise flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity
- Patience, a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong personality, ability to manage a variety of intra-organizational teams
- Clear understanding of how to manage sensitive and confidential information
Openness to accept ASB’s Greece working values, such as:
1. Open, Honest and Professional Relationships
2. On time, Open and clear horizontally and vertically communication
5. Positive Team Work
6. Productive attitude to excellence
7. Recognition and rewarding
8. Pride for the Humanitarian Orientation
9. Willingness for the extra mile
10. Collaboration for professional evolution, training and learning
- Standard twenty-four days of paid leave per year (plus seniority legal additions);
- Extra private life and accident insurance;
- Relocation accommodation bonus, 7 days if applicable to the position
9. Base of Position
10. Length of contract
Two (2) Months (probation period with possibility of extension)
11. How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address: [email protected] clearly stating the “ HR-OFF/IOA ” on the subject field.
The deadline for application submission is October 14th 2021 at 23:59 hrs.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
“ I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a written application in the form of email to [email protected] ”.